Desktop capturing tools are a must-have for bloggers, designers and who daily work on the computer to capture something on their screen. Something which I learned ages ago in Windows, is a method that’s been built in since the beginning. Just tap the “Print Screen” and it puts a screenshot of your current screen in the clipboard, where you can paste it on MsPaint. But how many people use these kind of old technique ? Today’s tech world expect something where their job can be done easier at one click! So, these are the top 40 tools for screen capturing – both windows and mac included.
Below are the list of screen capturing tools, I’m just giving the links to the page, so that you can know their features and download your tools.
Hot List of 40 Desktop Capture Tools –
1. Snagit – Take a “snapshot” of anything on your PC screen. Send it, store it, turn it into a detailed graphic, find it later.
2. Super Screen Capture – You can capture screen in many ways, including full screen capture, region capture, window capture, scroll capture, directx capture, video screen capture, audio capture and etc.
3. Full Shot – FullShot is a professional screen capture (print screen) application designed for any Windows user who needs an effortless, effective way to take screenshots of Windows screens.
4. Hypersnap – HyperSnap is the fastest and easiest way to take screen captures from Windows screen and text capture from places where system text copy is not possible. HyperSnap combines the power of a first-class screen capture application with an advanced image editing utility – wrapped into one easy-to-use tool. Now compatible with Windows 7.
5. Quick Screenshot Maker – Its an all-in-one tool for screen capture, screen shot editing and image organization. It can capture any part of the screen as you want – windows, regions, controls and more, as easy as “!Quick Screen Capture”.
6. Freez Screen – Freez Screen Video Capture is a screen-capture & screen-recording tool to record screen activities and sounds into standard AVI video files. You can record any part of the screen’s activities and the cursor’s movements, using a microphone to narrate your screen recordings.
7. Any Screen Capture – Professional utility for viewing, capturing, editing and printingimages to design manuals, presentation documents, help files, web pages and much much more.
8. Solid Capture – Solid Capture gives you the power to capture everything from multiple full screens down to a single pixel of color. Capture multiple windows, drop-down menus, colors, and even text right from your screen.
9. Screenshot Magic -Screenshot Magic allows you to make screenshot images on Full Desktop, DirectX Fullscreen (Games) and Transform the final image using the simple settings to re-size, flip horizontally or flip vertically. It has the ability to automatically mask window corners in Windows XP, Vista and 7 style windows.
10. FastStone Capture – FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture tool that allows you to easily capture and annotate anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and even scrolling windows/web pages.
11. Jing – Jing is a streamlined approach to content creation. It is perfect for adding a quick and simple visual elements to your day-to-day conversations. If you need more, Jing allows you to export your images or video to Snagit or Camtasia Studio for further editing.
12. PicPick – PicPick is an all-in-one software for software developers, graphic designers and home user. It features a powerful capture tool, image editor, color picker, color palette, pixel ruler, protractor, crosshair, whiteboard and etc. You can use all these tools freely.
13. ScreenHunter – ScreenHunter Free is a completely free screen capture software for you to easily take screenshots. ScreenHunter Free is free for unlimited personal and business use. It has no expiration date and can be distributed with free of charge.
14. Easy Screen Capture – Easy Screen Capture is a full featured screen capture software that can capture any part of screen from your desktop. It can capture scrolling windows and entire web pages.
15. Screengrab – It will capture what you can see in the window, the entire page, just a selection, a particular frame… basically it saves webpages as images – either to a file, or to the clipboard. It can capture any Java or Flash embedded in a page, but to do this it requires Java to be installed in the browser.
16. Capture Express – Unlike other capture programs which do not permit you to move the “grabber” once you start the capture, Capture Express allows you to toggle between a stretch mode and a move mode by right clicking on the mouse.
17. CaptureWizPro – CaptureWizPro is a professional tool for capturing anything on your screen, even tricky items like the entire contents of scrolling areas, drop-down lists, tool tips, mouse pointers and screen savers.
18. CaptureXT – Capture any part of your PC screen, in rectangular, circular, or freehand shape. Capture any program’s menus with mouse cursor. Edit your screen captures in many ways like a pro with drawing tools, callouts, annotations etc. E-mail, print or paste it to your documentation project.
19. Zscreen – ZScreen is an open-source screen capture program for Microsoft Windows. It can upload screenshots, pictures, text & files and put the URL in your clipboard in a single keystroke.
20. MWSnap – MWSnap is a small yet powerful Windows program for snapping (capturing) images from selected parts of the screen. It is capable of capturing the whole desktop, or a fixed or free rectangular part of the screen. MWSnap handles 5 most popular graphics formats and contains several graphical tools: a zoom, a ruler, a color picker and a window spy.
21. Snippy – Simply click on the little Snippy icon in the taskbar notification area, and mark out the region of the screen that you want to copy – that’s it, you’re done!
22. Gadwin PrintScreen – Gadwin PrintScreen Professional combines the power of a first-class screen capture application with an advanced image editing and annotation utility – wrapped into one easy-to-use tool.
23. Aviary Screen Capture – This addon for quick screen capture is a must-have for bloggers and designers alike! It will perform a screen capture and then open the image INSTANTLY in a basic image editor where you can do markup (draw arrows and rectangles), edit (crop, rotate and resize) and get the exact pixel colors of the image. A perfect companion tool for designers and bloggers!
24. Backdrop – Backdrop is a simple utility to fill your screen with a giant blank window. Fill the window with a solid color or a custom image, your choice. This is useful for: Screenshots – take screenshots of one or many windows without having to clean up your desktop.
25. InstantShot! – InstantShot! offers classical screenshot functionality for capturing the whole screen, a portion of it or a window and also the option to make timed screenshots or to make delayed captures over time.
26. Paparazzi! – Paparazzi! is a small utility for Mac OS X that makes screenshots of webpages. Paparazzi! requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later. It’s written in Objective-C using the Cocoa API and the WebKit framework.
27. SnapNDrag – SnapNDrag lets you take a screenshot by just clicking a button and dragging the resulting screenshot off. For example, to email a screenshot, you would drag the screenshot from SnapNDrag to the Mail application. SnapNDrag is a fully-functional freeware.
28. XScreenCapture – XscreenCapture allows you to capture an X11 dump from any Linux clientwith X11 port open. It will also convert and save automaticallythe result picture in the desidered compress format (default PNG).
29. FireShot – FireShot is a extension for Firefox and Internet Explorer that captures, edits, annotates, organizes, exports and prints screenshots of your web pages..
30. ZapGrab – ZapGrab is very easy to use for capturing the whole or only a part of the screen. You only have to press the button “Grab” (to capture), select the part of the screen you want to capture and that’s it! you have captured part of the screen.
31. Print Screen Deluxe – Print Screen Deluxe is the ultimate screen capture utility. It provides a fast and easy way to capture, print and save your screen. One keystroke does it all! With one keystroke you can capture and print the entire screen and will even let you add comments to your captures!
32. Fraps – Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. In its current form Fraps performs many tasks and can best be described as:Benchmarking Software, Screen Capture Software, Realtime Video Capture Software, Want to try Fraps out on your own machine?
33. Screen OCR – Screen OCR is a screen capture and character recognition tool. I decided to create it when I faced the problem with data I couldn’t copy. Blocking script didn’t allow me to use the right mouse button on several important Internet pages.
34. – ScreenPrint is remarkably easy to use, yet powerful enough to print or capture Windows and DOS screens just as you see them.
35. Capture Me – Capture Me is a flexible screen capture and recording utility for Mac OS X which features a floating capture window, several saving options, and resize ability.
36. Amor Screen Capture – Amor Screen Capture enables you to make professional screen shots and save them as bmp, png, pcx, tif, gif or jpg files. The software can capture the entire screen, a window, program menus, scrolling windows, DirectX sources, DOS screens, digital camera images, and any on-screen activity.
37. TNT Screen Capture – Whether you take a picture of your desktop, an application window or a particular group of controls, TNT handles it with ease. Only 3 different screen capture modes cover everything from application interfaces to popup menus. If you want the image to have a shadow, just tick the shadow option before you make the screenshot. Mouse cursor included? Just another option!
38. Capture My Screen – Instant access to all types of capture and from all your software by using keyboard shortcuts or the OneQuickMenu (instant menu). Capture a full screen in 1 movement and automate the result. Capture a area of the screen while being very precise with the magnifying glass.
39. My Screen Capture ActiveX – Capture screen in 5 differents ways: Full screen, Active Window, predefined zone, manually and specific window. Get instant results in memory for immediate results with your application. Option to send it to clipboard. Option to save it to disk automatically.
40. Capture Fox – You can use this tool to capture firefox window or the whole screen and make screencast videos. You can compose tutorials, e-lessons or videos. You can also record your voice. This extension is for Windows XP and Vista.
Happy Print Screen !! If I had left some tools, do mention at comments section. leave your comments and Subscribe to Chaaps!!
Can You See Digg , Retweet and Stumbleupon Icons ? Just Enjoy Sharing
Sharing Knowledge = Gaining Knowledge 😀