You may have wondered many sites having this little word called sitemap in their website’s footer.
Site Map basically is the index of all the pages of your site and combines them in one location. It makes search engine’s crawlers detect the pages efficiently. It is better for SEO.
Anyways creating a sitemap manually is a difficult task. I created my sitemap using a software called Coffee Cup Sitemapper. I have the full version(Buyed) but not all can be able to buy.
So I researched the net and came across a great website which would allow you to do the same. XML-sitemaps.com allows you to create the site map online .
- Open www.xml-sitemaps.com using your browser.
- Use the free online site map generator.
- Enter your site info. on the page like the address, duration of change etc.
- Click next.
- It will take some time depending on the size of your site. Took 7 minutes for mine as my site is in initial stage.
- Now the site will display your links to download.
- Just download the XML and HTML files and upload it to your root directory of your website.