Sony has recently had a press release saying “We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network”.
According to Channel 10 Australia over 22 million accounts have been compromised. The data obtained by the unknown hackers have obtain the 22 million users credit card details, address, date of birth, complete playstation profiles, email address, usernames, passwords, security questions with answers, billing preferences, purchase history, IP address, and more.
Sony says they are “Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened”. The security breach has caused Sony to take down the Playstation network, and Qriocity temporarily.
The company has adviesed the security breach had taken place on April 17th & 19th 2011.
Sony has advised they are re-building there security precautions and software to prevent this from happening again.
The questions is, why hasn’t sony advised us early? Why advise us over 10 days later? How secure is there systems?
We will update this article when we get updates 🙂
~~~ Updated Thursday April 28th 4:30pm ~~~
Sony has released that ll 77.5+ million accounts have been compromised. There is also reports of people credit cards being maxed out..
Source = Channel 10 Australia & ABC Australia
Hi everyone. Nice to see you all again. This time i am comparing PS3 vs PC vs XBOX.
You all maybe surely knowing what a PS3 is. For all those who are new to this gaming field, here is a short summary of what it really is!
PlayStation 3 often abbreviated as PS3 is a video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. Its mainly used for high performance computing.
Now lets come down to business!
We know when it comes down to Sony PS3 its a superb piece of hardware. Now lets discuss the areas where and how it differs with PC and XBOX.
1. PC cards often have trouble with smoothing of the graphics, but the PS3 has no trouble at all. The cell processor and the GPU chip works to produce something that high-end PC graphic card makers could only dream of.
2. The cell in conjunction with the GPU is capable of squeezing 2.0 trillion floating point operations per second on the fly and outperforms XBOX 360’s 355 billion floating point operations per second.
3. Digital foundry recently did an MSAA analysis. MSAA (Microsoft Active Accessibility is an application to interact with user interface elements of an application or an OS. PS3’s MSAA is far more advanced than anything seen whereas XBOX 360’s can do a maximum of 4x MSAA with built in graphics card. Anti-aliasing and edge smoothing has been a challenge even on the PC front.
4. PS3 has all the good stuff. IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING! The PS3 system has built in Wi-Fi and huge amounts of storage for games, add-ons, videos, photos. Its built in Blu-Ray player shows HD movies at 1080p so you ge pristine picture quality.
5. Meet up with friends and other gamers to discuss games, get new content or team up for online gameplay. The PS3 system offers you some of the industry’s most hottest games such as SOCOM, God Of War III and BioShock 2. THe PS3’s Synergistic Processing UNit (SPU) gives you advanced microprocessor working at blazing speeds to give you the best HD gaming experience.
So my friends go out there and instead of wasting money on PC and XBOX purchase a PS3 and be ensured for atleast 10 years that your PS3 will run all the latest and oncoming games.
Remember when you purchase a PS3 you are ten years ahead of PCs and XBOX coz you are already running the next generation computing system available on the planet.
So go out there and ENJOY!!!