You may have wondered many sites having this little word called sitemap in their website’s footer.
Site Map basically is the index of all the pages of your site and combines them in one location. It makes search engine’s crawlers detect the pages efficiently. It is better for SEO.
Anyways creating a sitemap manually is a difficult task. I created my sitemap using a software called Coffee Cup Sitemapper. I have the full version(Buyed) but not all can be able to buy.
So I researched the net and came across a great website which would allow you to do the same. XML-sitemaps.com allows you to create the site map online .
- Open www.xml-sitemaps.com using your browser.
- Use the free online site map generator.
- Enter your site info. on the page like the address, duration of change etc.
- Click next.
- It will take some time depending on the size of your site. Took 7 minutes for mine as my site is in initial stage.
- Now the site will display your links to download.
- Just download the XML and HTML files and upload it to your root directory of your website.
You are done. 🙂
Do you know that you can create awesome themes in Windows 7 which can be shared between PCs running on Windows 7, I don’t know if it works on Vista but I guess it won’t…
You can add Wallpapers, Windows Color, Sounds & Screen savers too.
HOW TO CREATE A THEME:
- Make a new folder anywhere and copy all the wallpapers you want in your theme. Also add the screen saver file in that too.
- Switch to Windows 7 theme as selecting other will add the wallpapers to the existing theme.
- Right click all the wallpapers and click set as Desktop Background.
- Now go to desktop and then personalise.
- Click on Unsaved theme.
- Change the options below in the footer as your wish.
- Also click on screen saver and select the screen saver you want to add to them. NOTE: You need to have that screen saver installed on the PC.
- Now when all done and you are satisfied with the theme.
- Now right click that theme and save it with a nice title.
- Then Click Save theme for sharing.
- And you are done. Send that theme to your friends or use for backup. 🙂
Please post in comments if any error is there. Remember I am a Human.