Yup! The title says all! After Opera the world’s favorite browser Firefox has gone mobile. But don’t get too exited. Mozilla released the browser version 1.0 for just Nokia N900 and N810.
Yeah many Firefox fans have been left heartbroken. But still firefox mobile has great new features.
Some of them are below:
- Easy bookmarking: Firefox lets you to bookmark your websites with just one touch. Isn’t that awesome.
- Integrated Download Manager: Download the files etc in the browser itself. No longer need to switch to default browser for downloading.
- Spell Checking: Great! Now Firefox checks the words as you type. This feature is only in Firefox i guess.
- Less resource eater: Firefox runs with less memory footprints and better performance.
- Fox Tabs: This feature is new. Just swipe your finger to the right to see thumbnails of all your open tabs to find what you want quickly.
- Search: Access your favorite search engine from your browser’s toolbar. Easy huh.
- Improved text rendering: Read your language as it’s written—more like real life. With a new graphics engine, Arabic, Persian, Punjabi and other script languages now render seamlessly.
- Downloadable fonts: Available for Maemo devices, view a wider variety of fonts on Web sites while you surf. Site designers and developers can create custom fonts that will be displayed and rendered properly.
- Offline Browsing: Even if your mobile phone doesn’t have a Web connection, you can still have information at your fingertips. Certain enabled sites may allow applications—like your Web-based email—to stay with you at all times.
- Next generation graphics: You have to see it to believe it. The rendering of text and graphics, including SVG and Canvas, is faster and sharper than ever before, thanks the upgraded graphics engine. Firefox automatically color corrects images that have the color profile data included (like your digital photos) to make sure the colors are exactly as intended.
- Web ID: Want to be extra sure about a site’s legitimacy before you make a purchase? Touch on a site favicon for an instant identity overview. Another touch digs deeper: how many times have you visited? Are your passwords saved? Check up on suspicious sites, avoid Web forgeries and make sure a site is what it claims to be.
- Password Manager: No longer need to enter passwords again and again. Now firefox does all that for you.
- Clear History: No longer to worry about your Web Page history. Clear them easily.
- Customized Security Settings: Control the level of scrutiny you’d like Firefox to give a site and enter exceptions—sites that don’t need the third degree. Customize settings for passwords, cookies, loading images and installing add-ons for a fully empowered mobile browsing experience.
- Automatic Updates: Prevent you from the bugs discovered and doesn’t keep your privacy at risk.
- Pop-up blocker: I bet nobody saw that coming in a mobile browser. Woot. Is it for real????
- Great Addons: Now personalize your browser with several addons.
Now that’s a ton of features available first time for mobile users.
Also to synchronize the PC bookmarks to mobile Weave Sync can be used.
Download the Firefox mobile browser from Here.Tweet Similar Post: