LG Electronics’ most eagerly awaited smartphone, the LG G3, was launched in a glittering function at Mumbai’s Mehboob Studio. As a Statesman, Mr. Amitabh Bachchan regaled all present by introducing to them the various features of LG G3. Developed under the ‘Simple is the New Smart’ concept and the successor to the company’s well-received LG G2, the LG G3 is the amalgamation of its consumer research ‘Learning from You’ – an integral part of LG’s product development philosophy.
In India, the G3 comes with a price tag of Rs. 47,990 for the 16 GB version and Rs. 50,990 for 32 GB version and will be available in three colors.
“In the cluttered, complex world of today, the G3 is the perfect blend of the latest innovative technology and simplified user experience underscoring LGs commitment to users and bringing to them the best in class products and devices. Globally, the G3 has witnessed exceptional traction and we expect the same in India,” said Soon Kwon, MD LG Electronics India. “With G3, LG has truly broken technological grounds and we aim to spearhead our vision of 10% smartphone market share by the end of 2014 for LG’s mobile division in India.” added Mr. Kwon.
LG will release 15,000 limited edition G3 smart phones with Signature of Mr. Amitabh Bachchan in the Indian market and few lucky buyers will get the opportunity to actually meet with the legend.
Highlights of the new G3 include:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD display with 538ppi with four times the resolution of HD and al-most two times higher resolution than a Full HD display
- 13MP OIS+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) camera with a revolutionary Laser Auto Focus that can shoot stunningly sharp images in a fraction of the time required by conventional phone cameras
- Polished metallic skin on the rear cover that is lightweight, fingerprint-proof and most of all, beautiful
- Floating Arc form factor that feels incredibly comfortable in one hand and incorporates the innovative design heritage of the Rear Key
- Redesigned graphic user interface (GUI) consistent with the Simple is the New Smart concept of the G3
The G3’s innovative streak harbors on three core technologies, Display, Camera and Design. The G3’s Quad HD Display has a pixel density of 538ppi that sets new viewing standards, producing sharper images with extreme clarity. At 5.5 inches, the G3’s display screen pans a ratio of 76.4% with slim bezels making it comfortable to hold in the hand. The 3,000mAh battery of the G3 has a longer lifespan courtesy the metal in the battery cathode being replaced by graphite. The Quad HD display’s ultra-high performance is due to an optimized battery that maximizes operability and efficiency.
The G3’s 13MP OIS+ Camera captures stunning imagery, acquired through the use of itsLaser Auto Focus, a first of its kind feature in any smart phone till date. This feature measures the distance between the camera and the subject using a laser beam to capture images. This simplified image capture process utilizes the tap of a finger to bring the subject into focus, simultaneously triggering the shutter. The G3’s 2.1 MP front camera incorporates new enhancements like a larger image sensor and larger aperture for more light input and better selfies. Gesture controls wherein a clenched fist gesture is recognized by the G3 and a 3 second countdown automatically begins, is an added feature. Video format shooting has superior sound quality with instinctive microphones that scan the ambient environment to detect optimal audio levels for the clearest recording. The built in 1W speaker with Boost Amp offers richer sounds and clearer tones.
LG’s Design language is anchored in its Rear Key that includes newly designed power and volume buttons with premium quality materials and finish. The matte lined, fingerprint free metallic skin of the G3 is available in three vibrant colors, metallic black, silk white and shine gold. LG has incorporated a user interface with flat graphics that reflects its unique visual style and identity and a circular motif of graphic assets in the new UI.
The G3 is complemented by three Core UX Features, the Smart Keyboard, Smart Notice and Smart Security. The Smart Keyboard functions on adaptive technology that learns as you type for faster input and reduced errors. The height of the keyboard can be adjusted and individual keys can be customized with frequently used symbols. Smart Notice is a personal assistant that offers suggestions and recommendations based on user behavior, phone usage patterns and location based information and has natural language abilities. To secure confidential data, the G3 presents Smart Security like the Knock Code, LG’s patent feature that unlocks the device with the help of a knocking pattern, a personalized code set by the user that can be entered anywhere on screen. The Knock On feature wakes the screen and the Knock Code helps users enter the home screen. The G3’s Content Lock keeps personal files safe and hidden from view. The G3’s Kill Switch disables the smartphone remotely in the event of a theft. The G3 also includes anti-virus scanning and remote wipe and lock.
A host of premium accessories accompany the G3. The QuickCircle Case allows easy access from the QuickCircle window without opening the cover. The bluetooth stereo handset, Tone Infinim, delivers premium audio quality in a stylish design. Name Alertoffers verbal call notification. The Wireless Charger is compact and foldable and optimized for easy portability.
LG G3 is being launched with Rs. 15,000/- worth consumer offer from day one via Rs. 5,000/- discount on LG G Watch when bought along with G3 + Rs. 3,500/- worth QuickCircle Case Free with every G3 + One Time Screen replacement worth Rs. 6,500/-.
LG also unveiled G watch at this gala launch.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 801 (up to 2.5GHz Quad-Core)
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS (2560 x 1440, 538ppi)
- Memory: 16/32GB eMMC ROM, 2/3GB DDR3 RAM / microSD slot (128GB max)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Size: 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 149g
- Network: LTE (4G) / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G) / EDGE (2G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X), NFC,
SlimPort, A-GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0
- Color: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet, Burgundy Red
- Other: Smart Keyboard, Smart Notice, Knock CodeTM , Guest Mode, etc
Key Specifications: G WATCH
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor
- Display: 1.65-inch LCD IPS (280 x 280)
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 512MB RAM
- Battery: 400mAh
- Operating System: Android Wear (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and above)
- Size: 37.9 x 46.5 x 9.95mm
- Weight: 63g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro / Accelerometer / Compass)
- Color: White Gold/ Black Titan
- Others: Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)