You are reading this article because:
- At this point, i think you have already screwed up your blog somehow and crying in help what to do next OR
- Congratulations you are much more cleverer than you think you are!
Ok, so now that you are here let me tell you how to create a foolproof blog that you can use to restore if anything goes wrong and i mean “ANYTHING”. Sometime in the future if your server gets crashed suddenly, or your SQL databases become corrupt or if there’s a plugin gone rogue, whatever may be the situation you will totally thank god that you stumbled upon this article.
Backing up your Databases
(Serious shit, dont joke around this area)
Every WP Blogger might have heard of this awesome plugin. What it does is it backs up your entire database including, posts, comments, and other wordpress core tables. Install this plugin from here For genuinity, this plugin is created by Austin Matzko (WP username: filosofo). Download it and install it. Schedule your backups daily, weekly or monthly. I backup my databases to my computer locally when making some minor changes.
Restoring your backed up Databases
(If you screw in here, wave your final goodbye to your blog)
If you have backed up your databases through WP-DB Backup plugin, read more.
- First delete your wp-content/cache folder, then
- Login to phpMyAdmin present in your Webhost.
- Select your wordpress database.
- Tickmark all the tables that reside in your database
- Select the DROP option to delete them forever.
- Upload your database by selecting the import tab and browsing where you had saved the backup earlier created by WP-backup plugin.
Backup and restore your Themes, Images and Plugins
(You can live without it)
Login to your FTP account and download the whole wp-content folder onto your computer. It will include all the themes, plugins and uploads made by you. To restore them simply copy them back in the same folder.
By the time you are done, your Blog will be looking just like the last time you had seen it.
For the paranoid users, there’s a software called XMAPP viagra 100mg price available, which will run your blog locally on your computer without the need of any internet connection allowing you to preview any changes made to your blog before you actually make them on your live blog. For installing your XMAPP check out this awesome tutorial over here.
Please comment and share your views about WordPress backup technology. Have you ever suffered a major loss of your blog and had to repent over your mistakes or are you just too clever and developed a secret backup plugin of your own? Please let us know!Tweet Similar Post: