If you are aware of the immense power of Social Bookmarking sites, then an introduction to StumbleUpon is surely a no-brainer.
However, if you don’t know much about StumbleUpon: Hear it, StumbleUpon is a social bookmarking site which beloved for the backlinks it gives and steady growth in traffic of that blog/website.
Blocking a particular Blog/Website from StumbleUpon
- You are probably used to the Thumbs down aka dislike in the StumbleUpon toolbar.
- Next to that, there is located a small drop down button.
- Click that, and you can see four options under the list.
- The first option, Not for Me is the default. It is checked when you directly click on the ‘Thumbs Down’ button.
When you click on:
- Not for me: This signifies to StumbleUpon that the category just isn’t for you. But this doesn’t block the whole website from you. Let’s say, you say “Not for me” on an article about Ipad, written in mashable. But that doesn’t mean you don’t get to see an article about Twitter, from the same Mashable – It may also happen to be the very next post!
- Report Spam: Blocks website permanently to you. Also after certain number of people have reported the website for spam, It maybe removed from the StumbleUpon directory and the user who submitted will also be banned.
- Duplicate Content: Need not block content. Once certain number of complaints are filed, the same action listed above is performed.
- Block Website: Blocks the whole website/blog only from you.
I hope this small tip could help you in some way. I’m looking forward to hear from you through comments!Tweet