Google+ is now public. Yes the social network is now open to everyone and there is no need of Google+ invites anymore. Just go to
the official Google+ website and sign up. You will be inside the social network in no time.
“For the past 12 weeks we’ve been in field trial, and during that time we’ve listened and learned a great deal. We’re nowhere near done, but with the improvements we’ve made so far we’re ready to move from field trial to beta, and introduce our 100th feature: open signups. This way anyone can visit google.com/+, join the project and connect with the people they care about.”
Some of the recently introduced features also include:
- Google+ Hangouts video chat feature on Android
- Google+ Hangout on Air (Live broadcast to any number of people on Google+)
- More features for Google+ Hangout (Screen-sharing, Sketchpad, Google Docs viewer, Name your Hangouts)
- Google+ Hangouts API for developers (Build new apps and games on the Google+ platform)
- Integrated search from Google+ (Search the web from within Google+, also get results for people who are on Google+)
- 100th feature is Open signups (Google+ is now open to anyone and everyone)
Today Google’s homepage was also seen advertising people to join Google+. Here is a screenshot of what the page looks like. It looks cute, isn’t it?
According to stats conducted at the TheNextWeb, Google+ gained 10 million followers in just 16 days. The social network attracted far more people as compared to Twitter’s 780 days and Facebook’s a whopping 852 days.
So the question you gotta ask yourself is “When are you gonna be a part of this community?” I think “its time”!
Pass on your valuable comments and tell us how you have enjoyed being on Google+. Was it fun for you?