Here’s a complete get started guide to facebook timeline for pages as well as a quick tutorial on how to activate facebook timeline in 5 seconds.
Everybody was overjoyed when Facebook Timeline made its debut late in 2011. And now its here again extending its support for Facebook Pages. Its unique, its creative, its a money maker!
With the release of Facebook Timeline for Pages, Brands and Companies will get an uplift in the way they promote their brand on Facebook. Attracting visitors is what we are looking for, and that’s what Facebook Timeline is good at with its ability to add Covers for Pages.
Lets check out a quick and simple way to turn on Facebook Timeline for Pages, shall we?
Step 1 : Visit the Facebook Timeline Manager link and add Timeline support to your pages. If you are reading this article after February 29 you might as well go to your Facebook Page and click the Preview Button to activate Facebook Timeline directly.
That’s it! Were you looking for more, if yes then i suggest you better go to Google.com, because you would definitely not find it over here, hehe
After you have activated your Timeline, please don’t let it lie like a rotten piece of tomato, begin customizing it immediately by following the steps below.
1. Attractive Cover Photo: First things first, upload a nice and attractive Cover Photo, perhaps your website logo if your Page is dedicated about your site. Don’t make it too attention grabbing and overly advertising, just make it funny and interesting so that visitors should have that streak of smile, everytime they visit your Facebook page.
2. App Highlights: The new Facebook Timeline for Pages highlights your apps below the cover photo, just like in Facebook Timeline for Profiles. Try to place apps which is helpful for promoting your product or if you want to advertise about something such as your Shop Store. Conduct giveaways regularly and arrange those apps to appear first.
3. Featured Post: Timeline for Pages also has a feature wherein it allows you to pin a post as the first post in your timeline, just like a featured post. This post can be made to appear for seven days. Make sure you pick a post to which you want to drive your visitors to immediately, as these pinned posts will have a lot of click through rates and impressions.
4. Page Mentions: Facebook also reserves a small spot for people mentioning your page, just below the Friend Activity box. Don’t allow negative posts about your page earn their way to that spot. Always keep a close check and remember only positive feedback about your page will make visitors like your page.
There are very less chances that even after seeing a negative comment, a person will go on to like your page, unless of course he knows the Page administrator closely or he just carries that very positive feeling about your brand.
5. Admin Panel 2.0: With the activation of Facebook Timeline in your Page comes the Admin Panel goodness. Don’t you enjoy being called as an administrator of something? The new Timeline has a much nicer interface for Page admins. The new admin panel drops down in your timeline so that you don’t have to migrate to a new page and can access it without spending much time.
Here you get “everything about what’s happening” interface. With a much accurate insights and control over your page you get to decide what appears where.
After doing all this, when you are ready to make your new page’s look public just click the Publish button and you will be on your merry way.
If you enjoyed this Facebook Tutorial please give your feedback about the same and how you feel about the new Facebook Timeline for Pages.